To get blood you must have doctor’s prescription and properly labeled blood sample in plain tube and EDTA tube. Get the sample to YAGYA blood centre and submit at cross match lab. Depending upon blood component you need it may take 45 minutes to 2 hours. You have to pay service charge as per the rate list. Rates may change without any updating on website. Blood can be sometimes in short supply and it is better to check with cross match lab before you visit with blood sample.
In a country where blood is very scarce resource and there are not enough voluntary blood donors, YAGYA made it very simple to get blood. This is no wonder when you believe in voluntary non-remunerated blood donations. When you need blood, you call YAGYA and book the needed component. If it is available it is given to you without asking for replacement at predefined testing charges. If you are a blood donor of YAGYA, you can mention that while placing request. You should however send the person with Doctor’s prescription for specific component and blood sample of patient for cross match. Thus, blood banking simplified.
How much time it will take to get blood?
It takes about 1 ½ hour to cross match the blood sample and provide you with needed component. When you need more than 1 component it may take a little more time as various technical and medical precautions are taken before handing over the component to you.
Why blood Testing charge?
YAGYA administers only approved testing charges uniformly from all the patients/ hospitals in the city. The blood testing charges are controlled by government norms in India and no blood centre could charge beyond the approved cost norms. It could only recover the costs that it incurred during the blood banking process within these limits.
YAGYA follows international quality standards in blood collection, processing and distribution. These activities involve high costs as most of the equipments, materials are imported for this purpose. It provides international quality blood products at 1/10 of international cost. Within this cost YAGYA manages to provide possible subsidies & benefits to poor and needy patients.
Sample Pick up & delivery
YAGYA offers the facility of sample pick up and delivery of components from distant hospitals. The patient need not come all the way to blood centre. A nominal charge is levied towards this service to accommodate the cost. With this the patient could get needed blood component without any hassle.
Blood Processing Charges
We are providing blood & its components round the clock to needy as per the instructions and lower the prices stated by National Blood Transfusion Council, Government of India, New Delhi vide their Circular Number No. S.1206/01/2012-NACO(NBTC) Dated February 12, 2014; regarding the blood processing charges for private blood banks as far as providing blood component free of cost to the Thalassemic patients, Heamophilia patients, Sickle Cell anemia patients and other blood dyscrasia requiring repeated blood transfusions etc. and shall be abide by all rules, regulations and terms & conditions from time to time.
We are also bound to provide blood and its components on Charity/discount to the following:
- Registered Thalassemia Patients: Can avail the blood free of cost
- BPL Card holder : BPL Card in original to be shown at the time of issuance of Blood
- Janani Suraksha Yojna (JSY): Pregnant ladies/delivery cases and undergoing their treatment in Govt. Hospitals
- Cancer patients: Request from Cancer patients shall be admitted subject to his/her financial status.
- Dialysis patients: Request from Dialysis patients shall also be admitted subject to his/her financial status.
- Patients recommended by any charitable organization: Any patients duly recommended by any Charitable Organization, Hospital, Trust shall also be given suitable financial benefits.
- Our registered donor: Our voluntary donor shall also be entitled to get the free of cost, particularly in his/her first blood relation with the donor and finical benefits to the other relations of the donor.
- Patients admitted into Govt. Hospitals: The patients who are undergoing treatment in Govt. Hospital shall be given the specific cash discount as per norms of the UPSBTC and Govt. of India from time to time.